Friday, June 23, 2006

ugh

So, no news on the diagnosis front, other than the docs at S-K forming a "bone team" to look over her case. Supposedly we were supposed to hear from Dr. Merchant and/or Dr. Wright "by the end of the week" which, in normal people talk means today but which actually means we'll probably here something when Dr. Wright checks in on Katie during her methotrexate round starting Monday. Basically, her tumor is weird...but whatever, it responded to the cisplatin/adriamycin last time, so I can't imagine the chemo is the wrong thing, it just might not be the best thing or not the only thing we need to do. this just sucks.


Katie's sister is graduting high school tomorrow so we spent far too much time at the mall yesterday, looking, unsuccessfully, for drinking glasses to match a dish set we bought her. I hate malls, a lot. And before that, we were at walmart, the origin of the above mentioned dish set. yeah, I know, its evil. but sometimes evil happens. So, after 5 hours of shopping and far far too much sensory and toxin overload on both our parts, we ended up with Chrissy's dishes and silverware, a mini can of pringles, a birthday card for my mother, a gift bag, and a magnet. We went there to get several other things, none of which they had. And I even ventured into the Disney store, looking for a cookie jar for my mother. I mean, how many values can one compromise in one day? The only thing I can say for Carousel Center, soon to be DestiNY USA or whatever, is that the "Mr. Smoothie" place makes a very tasty, yet very overpriced, strawberry orange "fruity freeze", which is just fruit, ice and water.


And, Blanche, the guinea pig, died. My poor baby, we have no idea what happened. Everyone else is healthy, though I probably just jinxed that.

I'm going to stop being whiny now and go try to make something for dinner, seeing that we still have to go find those glasses and buy a new broom, since ours broke when I tried to use it as a fly swatter. Yeah, hush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home